In this role, your primary focus will be on Level 2 System Administration. This role helps define and implement Windows and Unix Server technologies and methodologies, which will have a heavy emphasis on automation and a hybrid cloud environment, while maintaining operational excellence in multiple world class Data Center environments.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide L2 support in incident, request, change and problem management related to server operations in Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Provide L2 incidents and service requests management for Storage and Database on some shifts.
- Provide L2 support covering 24/7 and participate in Major incidents.
- Ensure SLA for incidents and service requests are met with high quality of work.
- Ensure KPIs, such as breach case target, MTTR and escalation target is met.
- Install and upgrade firmware for hardware and operating systems, apply patches and implement changes when required.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot OS/hardware errors ensuring high availability of MFG systems.
- Monitor server performance proactively and perform analysis of cases to prevent recurring issues.
- Review and enhance server monitoring when required.
- Develop processes and operation procedures related to server operations.
- Create and manage reports, visualizations, and dashboards related to windows/unix operations.
- Perform capacity planning and participate in Disaster Recovery drill.
- Work with Subject Matter experts (Level 3) for improvement projects to ensure security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability of Micron’s core computing resources.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics/Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems or related fields.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Candidates with minimum 4 years of relevant working experience may be considered for a senior position.
- Academic know-how or internship experiences in the Infrastructure domain of IT , 2016 and RHEL operating systems) and virtualization technologies
- Desire to learn hardware and virtualization technologies like Cisco UCS, HPE ProLiant, VMware and Citrix
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix and Cisco and familiarity with scripting languages will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in programming and scripting languages such as Java, PowerShell and Python is preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Flexible to work on any shift.